Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Monday - Vespers

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Psalm 3

Why, O Lord, are they multiplied that afflict me?
Many are they who rise up against me.

Many say to my soul:
There is no salvation for him in his God.

But thou, O Lord, art my shield,
my glory, and the lifter up of my head.

I have cried to the Lord with my voice:
and he hath heard me from his holy hill.

I have slept and taken my rest:
And I have risen up,
because the Lord has protected me.

I will not fear thousands of the people surrounding me:
Arise, O Lord, save me, O my God.

For thou hast struck all them
who are my adversaries without cause:
Thou hast broken the teeth of sinners.

Salvation is of the Lord:
And thy blessing is upon thy people.

Genesis 15:1

Now when these things were done,
the word of the Lord came to Abram by a vision, saying:
Fear not, Abram, I am thy shield, and thy reward exceeding great.

Gospel Canticle

My soul doth magnify the Lord.
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Because he hath regarded the humility of His servant;
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Because he that is mighty,
hath done great things to me;
and holy is His name.

And His mercy is from generation unto generations,
to them that fear Him.

He hath shewed might in His arm;
He hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat,
and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he hath sent empty away.

He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of His mercy:
As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed forever.

Pater Noster

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done
on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Dismissal

May the Lord bless us,
Protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.

Go to Monday Compline

No comments: