Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Monday - Compline

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Examination of the sins committed this day

Act of Contrition

Oh my God,
I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell,
but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,
Who art all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace
to confess all my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.
Amen.

Psalm 38

I said: I will take heed to my ways:
that I sin not with my tongue.
I have set a guard to my mouth,
when the sinner stood against me.

I was dumb, and was humbled,
and kept silence from good things:
and my sorrow was renewed.

My heart grew hot within me:
and in my meditation a fire shall flame out.

I spoke with my tongue:
O Lord, make me know my end.
And what is the number of my days:
that I may know what is wanting to me.

Behold thou hast made my days measureable:
and my substance is as nothing before thee.
And indeed all things are vanity:
every man living.

Surely man passeth as an image:
yea, and he is disquieted in vain.
He storeth up: and he knoweth not
for whom he shall gather these things.

And now what is my hope?
Is it not the Lord?
And my substance is with thee.

Deliver thou me from all my iniquities:
thou hast made me a reproach to the fool.

I was dumb, and I opened not my mouth,
because thou hast done it,
Remove thy scourges from me.
The strength of thy hand hath made me faint in rebukes.

Thou hast corrected man for iniquity,
and thou hast made his soul to waste away like a spider:
Surely in vain is any man disquieted.

Hear my prayer, O Lord, and my supplication:
give ear to my tears.
Be no silent: for I am a stranger with thee,
and a sojourner as all my fathers were.

O forgive me, that I may be refreshed,
before I go hence, and be no more.

Genesis 25:7-10

And the days of Abraham's life
were a hundred and seventy-five years.

And decaying he died in a good old age,
and having lived a long time, and being full of days:
and was gathered to his people.

And Isaac and Ismael his sons buried him in a double cave,
which was situated in the field of Ephron
the son of Seor the Hethite, over against Mambre.

Which he had bought of the chilren of Heth:
there was he buried, and Sara his wife.


Gospel Canticle

Now thou dost dismiss thy servant,
O Lord, according to thy word in peace.

Because my eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples:

A light to the revelation of the Gentiles,
and the glory of thy people Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Dismissal

May the all powerful Lord grant us a restful night and a peaceful death.
Amen.

Go to Tuesday Matins

No comments: