Thursday, March 2, 2017

Wednesday - Lauds

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Preparation - Make a firm resolution to avoid evil and to do good.

Psalm 58

Deliver me from my enemies, O my God:
and defend me from them
that rise up against me.

Deliver me from them that work iniquity,
and save me from bloody men.

For behold they have caught my soul:
the mighty have rushed in upon me:

Neither is it my iniquity, nor my sin, O Lord:
without iniquity have I run,
and directed my steps.

Rise up thou to meet me, and behold:
even thou, O Lord, the God of Hosts, the God of Israel.

Attend to visit all the nations:
have no mercy on all them that work iniquity.

They shall return at evening,
and shall suffer hunger like dogs:
and shall go round about the city.

Behold, they shall speak with their mouth,
and a sword is in their lips:
for who, say they, hath heard us.

But thou, O Lord,
shalt laugh at them:
thou shalt bring all the nations to nothing.

I will keep my strength to thee:
for thou art my protector:
My God, his mercy shall prevent me.

God shall let me see over my enemies:
slay them not, lest at any time my people forget.

Scatter them by thy power;
and bring them down, O Lord, my protector:

For the sin of their mouth, and the word of their lips:
and let them be taken in their pride.
And for their cursing and lying they shall be talked of,
when they are consumed:

When they are consumed by thy wrath,
and shall be no more.
And they shall know that God will rule Jacob,
and all the ends of the Earth.

They shall return at evening
and shall suffer hunger like dogs:
and shall go round about the city.

They shall be scattered abroad to eat,
and shall murmur if they be not filled.

But I will sing thy strength:
and will extol thy mercy in the morning.
For thou art become my support,
and my refuge, in the day of trouble.

Unto thee, O my helper, will I sing,
for thou art my God, my defence:
my God, my Mercy.

Deuteronomy 31:23

And the Lord commanded Josue the son of Nun,
and said:
Take courage, and be valiant:
for thou shalt bring the children of Israel
into the land which I have promised,
and I will be with thee.

Gospel Canticle

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel;
because he hath visited
and wrought the redemption of his people.

And hath raised up an horn of salvation to us,
in the house of David his servant:

As he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets,
who are from the beginning.

Salvation from our enemies,
and from the hands of all that hate us.

To perform mercy to our fathers,
and to remember his holy testament,

The oath, which he swore to Abraham our father,
that he would grant to us,

That being delivered from the hands of our enemies,
we may serve him without fear,

In holiness and justice before him,
all our days.

And thou, child,
shalt be called the prophet of the Highest;
for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord
to prepare his ways:

To give knowledge of salvation to his people,
unto the remission of their sins:

Through the bowels of the mercy of our God,
in which the Orient from on high hath visited us:

To enlighten them that sit in darkness,
and in the shadow of death:
to direct our feet into the way of peace.

Pater Noster

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done
on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Dismissal 

May the Lord bless us,
Protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.

Go to Wednesday Vespers

No comments: