Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wednesday - Compline

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Examination of the sins committed this day

Act of Contrition

Oh my God,
I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell,
but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,
Who art all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace
to confess all my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.
Amen.

Psalm 98

The Lord hath reigned,
let the people be angry:
he that sitteth on the cherubims:
let the earth be moved.

The Lord is great in Sion,
and high above all people.

Let them give praise to thy great name:
for it is terrible and holy:
and the king's honour loveth judgment.

Thou hast prepared directions:
thou hast done judgment and justice in Jacob.

Exalt ye the Lord our God,
and adore his footstool,
for it is holy.

Moses and Aaron among his priests:
and Samuel among them that call upon his name.
They called upon the Lord and he heard them:

He spoke to them in the pillar of the cloud.
They kept his testimonies,
and the commandments which he gave them.

Thou didst hear them, O Lord our God:
thou wast a merciful God to them,
and taking vengeance on all their inventions.

Exalt ye the Lord our God,
and adore at his holy mountain:
for the Lord our God is holy.

Josue 24:14-15

Now therefore fear the Lord,
and serve him with a perfect
and most sincere heart:
and put away the gods which your fathers served
in Mesopotamia and in Egypt,
and serve the Lord.

But if it seem evil to you to serve the Lord,
you have your choice:
choose this day that which pleaseth you,
whom you would rather serve,
whether the gods which your fathers served
in Mesopotamia,
or the gods of the Amorrhites,
in whose land you dwell:
but as for me and my house
we will serve the Lord.


Gospel Canticle

Now thou dost dismiss thy servant,
O Lord, according to thy word in peace.

Because my eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples:

A light to the revelation of the Gentiles,
and the glory of thy people Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Dismissal

May the all powerful Lord grant us a restful night and a peaceful death.
Amen.

Go to Thursday Matins

No comments: