Sunday, March 5, 2017

Thursday - Matins

n the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.

Amen.

Psalm 132

Behold how good and how pleasant
it is for brethren to dwell together in unity:

Like the precious ointment on the head,
that rain down upon the beard,
the beard of Aaron,

Which ran down the the skirt of his garment:
as the dew of Hermon,
which descendeth upon mount Sion.

For there the Lord hath commanded blessing,
and life for evermore.

Philippians 3:7-16

But the things that were gain for me,
the same I have counted loss for Christ.

Furthermore I count all things to be but loss
for the excellent knowledge
of Jesus Christ my Lord;
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things,
and count them but as dung,
that I may gain Christ.

And may be found in him,
not having my justice,
which is of the law,
but that which is of the faith of Christ Jesus,
which is of God,
justice in faith.

That I may know him,
and the power of his resurrection,
and the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made comformable to his death,

If by any means I may attain
to the resurrection
which is from the dead.

Not as though I had already attained,
or were already made perfect;
but I follow after,
if I may by any means apprehend,
wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended.
But one thing I do:
forgetting the things that are behind,
and stretching forth myself to those that are before,

I press towards the mark,
to the prize of the supernatural vocation
of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as are perfect,
be thus minded;
and if in anything you be otherwise minded,
this also God will reveal to you.

Nevertheless whereunto we are come,
that we may be of the same mind,
let us also continue in the same rule.

Dismissal

May the Lord bless us,
Protect us from all evil
and bring us
to everlasting life.
Amen.

Go to Thursday Lauds

No comments: