Thursday, March 2, 2017

Tuesday - Compline

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Examination of the sins committed this day

Act of Contrition

Oh my God,
I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell,
but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,
Who art all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace
to confess all my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.
Amen.

Psalm 59

O God, thou hast cast us off, and hast destroyed us;
thou hast been angry, and hast had mercy on us.

Thou hast moved the earth, and hast troubled it:
heal thou the breaches thereof, for it has been moved.

Thou hast shewn thy people hard things;
thou hast made us drink the wine of sorrow.

Thou hast given a warning to them that fear thee:
that they may flee from before the bow:
That thy beloved may be delivered.

Save me with thy right hand, and hear me.

God hath spoken in his holy place:
I will rejoice, and I will divide Sichem;
and will mete out the vale of tabernacles.

Galaad is mine, and Manasses is mine.
and Ephraim is the strength of my head.
Juda is my king: Moab is the pot of my hope.
Into Edom will I stretch out my shoe:
to me the foreigners are made subject.

Who will bring me into the strong city?
Who will lead me into Edom?

Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off?
and wilt not thou, O God, go out with our armies?

Give us help from trouble:
for vain is the salvation of man.

Through God we shall do mightily:
and he shall bring to nothing them that afflict us.

Deuteronomy 34:5-8

And Moses the servant of the Lord died there,
in the land of Moab, by the commandment of the Lord:

And he buried him in the valley of the land of Moab
over against Phogor:
and no man hath known of his sepulchre until this present day.

Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died:
his eye was not dim, neither were his teeth moved.

And the children of Israel
mourned for him in the plains of Moab thirty days:
and the days of their mourning
in which they mourned Moses were ended.


Gospel Canticle

Now thou dost dismiss thy servant,
O Lord, according to thy word in peace.

Because my eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples:

A light to the revelation of the Gentiles,
and the glory of thy people Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Dismissal

May the all powerful Lord grant us a restful night and a peaceful death.
Amen.

Go to Wednesday Matins

No comments: