Monday, March 6, 2017

Saturday - Matins

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.

Amen.

Psalm 65

Shout with joy to God, all the earth,
sing ye a psalm to his name;
give glory to his praise.

Say unto God:
How terrible are thy works, O Lord!
In the multitude of thy strength
thy enemies shall lie to thee.

Let all the earth adore thee,
and sing to thee:
let it sing a psalm to thy name.

Come and see the works of God:
who is terrible in his counsels
over the sons of men.

Who turneth the sea into dry land,
 in the river they shall pass on foot:
there we shall rejoice in him.

Who by his power ruleth for ever:
his eyes behold the nations;
let not them that provoke him
be exalted in themselves.

O bless our God, ye Gentiles:
and make the voice of his praise to be heard.

Who hath set my soul to live:
and hath not suffered my feet to be moved.

For thou, O God, hast proved us:
thou hast tried us by fire,
as silver is tried.

Thou hast brought us into a net,
thou hast laid afflictions on our back:
thou hast set men over our heads.
We have passed through fire and water,
and thou hast brought us out into a refreshment.

I will go into thy house with burnt offerings:
I will pay thee my bows
which my lips have uttered,
and my mouth hath spoken,
when I was in trouble.

I will offer up to thee holocausts
full of marrows,
with burnt offerings of rams:
I will offer to thee bullocks with goats.

Come and hear, all ye that fear God,
and I will tell you what great things
he hath done for my soul.

I cried to him with my mouth:
and I extolled him with my tongue.

If I have looked at iniquity in my heart,
the Lord will not hear me.

Therefore hath God heard me,
and hath attended to the voice
of my supplication.

Blessed be God,
who hath not turned away my prayer,
nor his mercy from me.

Colossians 3:1-11

Therefore, if you be risen with Christ,
seek the things that are above;
where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God.

Mind the things that are above,
not the things that are upon the Earth.

For you are dead;
and your life us hid with Christ in God.

When Christ shall appear,
who is your life,
then you also shall appear with him in glory.

Mortify therefore your members
which are upon the earth;
fornication, uncleanness, lust,
evil concupiscence, and covetousness,
which is the service of idols.

For which things the wrath of God cometh
upon the children of unbelief.

In which you also walked  some time,
when you lived in them.

But now put you also all away:
anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy,
filthy speech out of your mouth.

Lie not to one another;
stripping yourselves of the old man with his deeds.

And putting on the new,
him who is renewed unto knowledge,
according to the image of him that created him.

Where there is neither Gentile nor Jew,
circumcision nor uncircumcision,
barbarian nor Scythian,
bond nor free.
But Christ is all and in all.

Dismissal

May the Lord bless us,
Protect us from all evil
and bring us
to everlasting life.
Amen.

Go to Saturday Lauds

No comments: