Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Monday - Matins

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.

Amen.

Psalm 107

My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready:
I will sing, and will give praise with my glory.

Arise, my glory; arise, psaltery and harp: 
I will arise in the morning early.

I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: 
and I will sing unto thee among the nations.

For thy mercy is great above the heavens, 
and thy truth even unto the clouds.

Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and thy glory over all the Earth:
that thy beloved may be delivered.

Save with thy right hand and hear me.

God hath spoken in his holiness.

I will rejoice and I will divide Sichem 
and I will mete out the vale of tabernacles.

Galaad is mine: and Manasses is mine: 
and Ephraim the protection of my head.

Juda is my king: Moab the pot of my hope.

Over Edom I will stretch out my shoe:
the aliens are become my friends.

Who will bring me into the strong city?
Who will lead me into Edom?

Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off?
and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our armies?

O grant us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.

Through God we shall do mightily:
and he will bring our enemies to justice.

Acts 10:1-8

And there was a certain man in Caesarea, named Cornelius, 
a centurion of that which is called the Italian band;

A religious man, and fearing God with all his house, 
giving much alms to the people, and always praying to God.

This man saw in a vision manifestly, about the ninth hour of the day,
an angel of God coming in unto him, and saying to him: Cornelius.

And he, beholding him, being seized with fear, said:
What is it, Lord?
And he said to him:
Thy prayers and thy alms are ascended 
for a memorial in the sight of God.

And now send men to Joppe, and call hither one Simon,
who is surnamed Peter.

He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner,
whose house is by the sea side.
He will tell thee what thou must do.

And when the angel who spoke to him was departed, 
he called two of his household servants,
and a soldier who feared the Lord,
of them that were under him.

To whom when he had related all, 
he sent them to Joppe.

Dismissal

May the Lord bless us,
Protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.

Go to Monday Lauds

No comments: